Is it SAFE to visit my periodontist during COVID-19?
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed a lot of things about our day-to-day lives and has brought unprecedented interruption to our normal routines – including our healthcare routines. I know we all wonder:
┃“What is safe?”
┃“Am I putting myself or others more at risk?”
┃“How can I stay healthy without compromising my safety?”
┃“Is it safe to visit my periodontist during COVID?”
The short answer: Yes!
Maintaining your oral and periodontal health is not only safe during COVID-19, but we strongly recommend it! Periodontal disease can actually be triggered by some of the very issues we’ve been facing during Coronavirus including behavioral changes (drinking more coffee or wine than usual?) and increased stress (no need to give an example of this one…). And with the worldwide, economic impact of Coronavirus, preventative periodontal care and maintenance is critical to protecting your gums and teeth from expensive reconstructive or restorative procedures in the future.
“But I’m still concerned. What is the team at Dr. Orth’s office doing to make sure I’m safe during my visit?”
We want to assure you that every concern you’ve had, we’ve had too. As your oral healthcare providers, we have always had your health and safety as our primary concern! And we want everyone to feel comfortable when you come in for your appointment, so here are just a few things we are doing to provide a safe and healthy environment in our office so that YOU can continue to receive the periodontal and oral health care that you NEED.
- To make sure all our patients are healthy, our team will ask you to complete a COVID Screening Form.
- To make sure all our patients are healthy, our team will conduct temperature checks for every patient.
- To limit the number of patients in the waiting room, you may be asked to wait outside the office or in your car until the team is ready for you.
- You may be asked to limit the number of people you bring with you to your appointment.
- Additional cleaning and sanitation measures will be done after each patient leaves in order to prepare the space for you.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask while in our office (but yes, you will have to remove your mask during your periodontal exam, cleaning or procedure!). Our oral health care professionals wear N-95 masks for additional safety.
- High-touch items like magazines may be removed from the waiting room.
We have reviewed all of the expert guidance and research to make sure we’re taking every measure to keep our patients and staff safe. If you have any questions, please reach out to us and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about our safety measures. See you soon!
Stay Healthy ┃ Stay Safe
Comments are closed.